Large files with Squid 2.5S14 and IE6

From: Tsachi <tsachi.kimel@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 18 Oct 2006 18:32:40 +0200

Hey all,

I am working with squid 2.5 stable 14 (as a transparent proxy).

Is there a problem to download large file ( > 2 GB) from IE 6 while
the traffic is being intercepted by squid ?

I know squid 2.5 was enhanced to support large files some time ago.

When I am trying to download "Window Vista RC1" (2.52 GB) from
Microsoft I am getting this strange behavior:
1.Clicking the link to download the file opens the save dialog box,
Choosing save and only 1KB of the file is been saved!?
2. Sometimes clicking the link open a gibberish page (I guess the
ASCII content of the binary file)
3. Right clicking the file and choosing "save target as…" saves the
all file but the dialog doesn't says its size!? (not always work
too:))

Here is the download link:
http://download.windowsvista.com/preview/rc1/en/download.htm
Choose one of the file from "To use your browser".

I recreated it with large files on an IIS server of my own.

Both FireFox and WGET does download the complete file.

Bypassing Squid, IE successfully downloads the complete file.

Any clue?

Thanks,
Tsachi