Re: Squid crash bug in COSS

From: Adrian Chadd <adrian@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 26 Oct 2006 22:13:44 +0800

On Tue, Oct 24, 2006, Mark Bergsma wrote:
> Hi,
>
> We're seeing one or more Squid crash bugs since we started using COSS
> heavily.
>
> When I restarted a Squid 2.6.4 server today, it kept on crashing every
> few minutes, in a constant loop. Upon investigation this proved to be a
> bug in COSS, during rebuilding of its cache store.

I forget what stuff has been committed to COSS and when, but I'd suggest
running the latest squid-2.6 snapshot or waiting a few days until squid-2.6-stable5
is released. It'll be easier to trace bugs down when you're running something
recent.

That said, Steven did fix a few silly adrian mistakes in the rebuild code,
its entirely possible this is fixed in the current squid-2.6 code.

Adrian