Re: squid-3 pre

From: Jeremy Hall <jehall@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 03 Nov 2006 08:32:27 -0500

Hi,

I'm currently running 2.6-branch and am considering upgrading to 3, but
I need to know how mature the code is. I would be updating for icap--I
know an icap patch exists for 2.6 and I have it working with two
anomolies:

1: the entire file is pulled before the content filter responds to the
user rather than a deferred scan taking place

and

2: if the icap server returns a 403 squid just hangs up the connection
and doesn't send anything back to the browser at all. This produces
page cannot be displayed errors. I have looked at the icap code a bit
but was wondering if you had some pointers on where I might look to
determine why the traffic is not rendering properly.

_J

>>> Adrian Chadd <adrian@creative.net.au> 11/03/06 8:00 AM >>>

So, who wants to roll the next squid-3 PRE? The ICAP changes alone
make it worth it. I'm still studying for exams and thus I'm out
of (much) time for two more weeks.

Adrian