Re: ICAP: 403 Forbidden

From: Tsantilas Christos <chtsanti@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 03 Nov 2006 22:05:43 +0200

Hi,

> On Fri, 2006-11-03 at 08:32 -0500, Jeremy Hall wrote:
>> 2: if the icap server returns a 403 squid just hangs up the connection
>> and doesn't send anything back to the browser at all. This produces
>> page cannot be displayed errors. I have looked at the icap code a bit
>> but was wondering if you had some pointers on where I might look to
>> determine why the traffic is not rendering properly.

I believe that you are talking about the case that the icap server
responds with an "HTTP 403 Forbidden" responce. Yes there is a problem
in squid26 in the case of request modification (REQMOD). In this case
the error page does not transmited to the web client. I tried to fix it
too but without success.....

I believe that you will have less problems if you use squid3 (with last
Alex's changes) works better.

Regards,
    Christos