icap in either squid-3 and squid-2

From: Jeremy Hall <jehall@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 07 Nov 2006 10:32:05 -0500

Hello,

I'm trying to track down why the Content-Length header might not be
sent to the icap server in squid-2's implementation of icap.

I'm not running squid-3 because people tell me squid-3 isn't ready for
prime time and production use, but they also tell me the icap
implementation in squid-3 is somehow better than that of squid-2. The
only problem I have so far with the squid-2 implementation is that if te
icap server sends back a 403 in the http response, that response isn't
sent back to the client, the client just is closed, causing a page
cannot be displayed error. I haven't tried this with squid-3 because I
don't want to manually upgrade my config file if the problem isn't
resolved. Can somebody give me some ideas on how best to proceed?

Thanks.

_J