Re: 2.6stable5 icap client - reqmod problems with webwasher 5.x and 6

From: Westerhold, Axel <Axel.Westerhold@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 21 Nov 2006 21:42:39 +0100

Nop, it won't ! Actually there are several reasons it won't

1.) Webwasher expects a group or a username to be used within a webwasher
defined LDAP query. That way I do not need the auth_scheme

2.) the auth_sheme as proposed is short of fullfilling the needed abstaction

Let's assume your AD is based on root dc=test,dc=intra. Users can be based
on ou=admin_users or ou=normal_users. So the needed URI would either be

LDAP://<server>/cn=%u,ou=%o,dc=%d,dc=intra

None of the infos you can get from a SMB/NTLM/ADS auth will supply the
needed OU (%o) info for your auth sheme. Actually this is a rather simple
setup. Actually I know of more then one customer to spread it's userbase
throughout several OU's.

As there is a rather small base of commercially available ICAP
implementations and none of those I know of actually use the auth-sheme we
can still think about writing our own ICAP Server. In this case such a
server would rather need an new auth sheme like

AD://user:%u,domain:%d

This would work in any LDAP query like

Ldapsearch -X -h <server> -b %d,dc=intra samaccountname=%u

Regards,
Axel