Re: TCP_DENIED logging as part of HTTP authentication

From: Henrik Nordstrom <henrik@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 14 Dec 2006 00:41:32 +0100

ons 2006-12-13 klockan 12:22 +0800 skrev Adrian Chadd:

> What would be nice is if we could log a bunch of different TCP_DENIEDs, covering
> for example:

Yes, the status should be expanded in very many situations. Today very
many conditions is lumped together in very few log codes..
authentication is the most obvious, but there is significant collisions
in other aspects as well.

We have held back on the log codes in fear of breaking log parsers, but
now with the custom log formats we are free to invent again without the
same level of fear.

To solve this I suggest introducing a version option to the Squid status
code format specifier.

%{version}Ss

with the default being the latest format. Except for the builtin "squid"
format which should stay as it is (it's implemented using a different
formatting function even..).