Re: [squid-users] Revisting... High TCP_MISS rate

From: Henrik Nordstrom <henrik@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sun, 21 Jan 2007 21:03:20 +0100

tor 2007-01-18 klockan 18:54 -0500 skrev Chris Nighswonger:
> > I wrote a post to squid-dev a couple months ago which covered this issue -
> > we should use different logging codes for the authentication procedure rather
> > than just TCP_DENIED. Opinion was positive; but I haven't any time to get it
> > done.
> > (Anyone want a mini-project?)
>

> What section(s) of the source code handles this?

To differentiate between "not yet authenticated" and "authenticated but
not allowed access using this account" it's clientAccessCheckDone() in
client_side.c

To be able to differentiate between the different stages of
authentication requires a little more changes as this information is not
made available by the authentication modules today.