Re: cvs commit: squid/src net_db.c

From: Adrian Chadd <adrian@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 25 Jan 2007 12:39:01 +0800

On Wed, Jan 24, 2007, Adrian Chadd wrote:
> On Wed, Jan 24, 2007, Duane Wessels wrote:
> > wessels 2007/01/24 16:55:01 MST
> >
> > Modified files:
> > src net_db.c
> > Log:
> > storeCreateEntry() args changed, but net_db.c not updated
> >
> > Someone changed the arg list for storeCreateEntry() but forgot
> > to test with --enable-icmp.
>
> Oops, sorry!

Hm, Thinking about netdb a few days ago in the context of a CDN application.
Has anyone looked into or used the TCP_INFO data available in Linux?
It has a bunch of seemingly useful metrics (RTT being one of them, others
include TCP retransmits/unacked/sacked/etc stats) but I haven't yet written
up something quickly to see whether the returned stats matter.

It'd be rather nifty to grab statistics after short-lived connections - and
periodically on long-lived ones) to build up a map of potential 'best'
paths to clients/servers. It might also be good to have the statistics available
for raw logging in case people are interested.

Adrian