Re: about the performance of squid

From: Adrian Chadd <adrian@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 30 Jan 2007 11:49:01 +0800

On Tue, Jan 30, 2007, ShuXin Zheng wrote:

> Because I use squid in product environment and have made some changed in
> squid, I can't test the "HEAD squid" version you suggest. Would you please
> tell me the priority of it ? Thanks.

Henrik and I are trying to keep Squid-2-HEAD as stable as possible whilst still
allowing for development.

I'm successfully running Squid-2-HEAD on a pair of somewhat busy squid servers
at Wikimedia without any known issues.

I understand that you can't run non-"stable" versions of Squid in production
but if noone tells us the codebase has issues or problems then it becomes "Stable".
Then you run it, and have problems :) So I'd really appreciate it if you
could test out Squid-2-HEAD on one server or internally and provide us with
some feedback.

I'm planning on bringing over many more performance and resource related changes
in the upcoming months which should make Squid a heck of a lot faster. They, however,
requires -some- testing. :)

Adrian