Re: new website issues

From: Adrian Chadd <adrian@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 8 Feb 2007 19:44:14 +0800

On Thu, Feb 08, 2007, Amos Jeffries wrote:

> All right. I was hoping you would be fine with this by yourself ;-)

Hell no. I'm not a web developer. I cringe at the concept of non-determinstic
behaviour between platforms. Aiee.

> Just gave it a quick once-over. It looks good enough that its safe to
> raise a hand as a web developer. I'm willing to make it standards
> compliant if you want.

Please! submit diffs please!

> Over-all not bad. 30% less errors-per-page than the Mozilla Site ;-)

:P

> The funky text issues in the header may or may not have something to do
> with this:
> <h1><span>Squid-Cache.org</h1>
>
> Should look like:
> <h1>Squid-Cache.org</h1>
>
> Or the latter half of the link gets cut and the /span could do weird
> spacing/wrapping stuff in IE.

Cool. Well, please feel free to submit diffs to the stuff in CVS under
'www2'. There's a simple README which explains how to setup the Alias
rules in apache1/apache2 to feed the URLpath into index.php (so index.php
doesn't show up in the URL. Very very evil.)

I've also got a locally-modified version of the index.php generation
script which will issue a correct 404 reply on a page-not-found.
I'll commit that tonight.

Please submit some diffs and help me tidy this stuff up. :P

Adrian