Re: squid cache information - help

From: Alex Rousskov <rousskov@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 09 Feb 2007 12:30:07 -0700

On Thu, 2007-02-08 at 14:05 -0800, ccmail111 wrote:

> I have: squid-3.0.PRE5-20061215 on Linux.
> I am looking to understand how SQUID3.x stores
> (in no cache mode) the responses received from Http
> server - HTTP payload (including images etc. received
> and retrieved from different sites).
>
> I need this information to tie it to my backend program
> which does audit and such.
> I have some APIs like stdlib (linux) and would like
> to call them from appropriate locations from SQUID.
>
> Any help/pointers is appreciated !

Similar questions have been discussed a few times recently. You may want
to search the list archive for the word ICAP. While not all suggested
solutions involve ICAP, the protocol is usually mentioned at least once
in the relevant thread.

Here is an example of a thread offering up to four starting points for
your question: http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.comp.web.squid.devel/4048/

This recent thread may also be relevant:
http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.comp.web.squid.devel/4197/

HTH,

Alex.