Customization of Squid

From: Tushar Goswami <tushar@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 20 Feb 2007 19:49:07 +0530

Hello Squid Dev team,

We wanted to get some customization done in Squid. Let me discuss some
details of the customizations we want so that you can quote a reasonable
price for it. Here are the customizations that I want :

1) Normally a Proxy Client connects to proxy server through either of these
two methods :
- When Proxy Client connects Anonymously
- When Proxy Client connects with Username & Password
In case of Anonymous login I want that Proxy Client should NOT be able to
upload any file greater than 100KB. This upload limit will apply on HTTP as
well as SOCKS port. There is a Setting in Squid's Config file from where you
can set this upload-limit. You can find out the name of that setting by
searching on Squid's forum.

2) Proxy Server must keep a check on filesize of the files being uploaded.
Lets suppose 5 Proxy Clients (from 5 different machines) were connected to
the Proxy Server. If Proxy-Client #2 has uploaded 3 files One-After-Another
AND all 3 files are above 10KB AND all 3 have SAME filesize then Proxy
Server should perform following actions:
- Black List the IP of the Proxy Client for 24 hours (also blacklist the
Proxy Client's Username if some username & password was used by proxy-client
to connect to proxy-server)
- Notify Proxy Administrator about this event via email. To send email we
can supply you a URL where Proxy Server will pass IP Address and Username of
The Proxy Client. Here is how the URL will look like ::
http://mywebsite.com/sendmail.php?ProxyIP=[IP_of_proxy_client_here]&Proxy_Cl
ient_Username=[username_here]
- List of Blacklisted IPs should be maintained in some text-file such that
Proxy Admin is able to allow access to some Blacklisted user by removing his
IP from the file

3) ProxyServer should keep checking the packets passing through HTTP and
SOCKS port. If the packet contains the following text (see below) then the
packet should be DROPPED and Administrator should be notified via email
about this event. Following is the text that needs to be checked in packet
:: Content-Deposition=[some text here] Filename="some more text here"
Packet should be dropped only if some text is found between the
double-quotes of "Filename parameter" above. If the Filename Parameter above
does NOT contain anything then keep the packet going... no need to drop it.

Above customizations are to be finished in 3 days (i hope 3 days are
reasonable). You guys deal with squid, so I feel this should be easy for
you. If you are interested please place a bid for this project at ::
http://www.rentacoder.com/RentACoder/misc/BidRequests/ShowBidRequest.asp?lng
BidRequestId=628633. Instead of placing bid online you can reply via email
or ring me at my cell number +91-98889-20440. I wanted to get started with
this project ASAP

Let me know if you have any questions about the customization. Looking
forward to your prompt reply..

Warm Regards,
Tushar Goswami
Solutions Beyond LLC