Re: Dynamic ACL Regex's associated with authenticated user

From: louis gonzales <gonzales@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 06 Feb 2007 00:14:29 -0500

Hello Henrik,
Thank you for the reply. I was able to get so far Squid integrated with
SASLAuthd.
I looked at the helpers that are pre-built with Linux on squid.2-5
stable 9-7 and also thoroughly at the squid.conf.

Is the process to tap into a database for regex's(which are stored in a
database) as easy as using the external_acl to call, for instance a PERL
program which can search the database via DBI, which can check if the
%LOGIN id is permitted or prohibited to get this web content, and send
back the response(OK or ERR), at which point Squid will either
permit/prohibit based on the associated (acl, http_access) pair?

Maybe in the months coming down the road, my friend and I can contribute
to PERL development of some additional 'helper' functions, which can be
shipped/bundled with Squid to allow for database access OOTB?

What kind of commitment does your group look for?

Thanks again for all of your help.

--
Email:    louis.gonzales@linuxlouis.net
WebSite:  http://www.linuxlouis.net