Re: Question ICAP-client

From: Alex Rousskov <rousskov@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 22 Mar 2007 17:43:31 -0600

On Fri, 2007-03-23 at 00:07 +0200, Tsantilas Christos wrote:

> Moreover we must not be absolutely sure that the icap servers will
> always be located at the same site as the proxy. Maybe in the future
> some icap-services will be public available for use by everyone......

That future is pretty much here. I know of at least two companies that
want to deploy ICAP servers that way. IMHO, it is only a matter of time
when many ISPs and others will feel as comfortable with remote ICAP
server as busy web site owners feel comfortable with CDNs now.

> The ICAP rfc something says about hop-by-hop headers. Now squid always
> forwards the Proxy-Authorization header for example to the icap server ...

I will file a bug report.

Thank you,

Alex.