AD (LDAP) authentication helper

From: Edmundo Carmona <eantoranz@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 23 Mar 2007 17:13:25 -0400

Hi!

Some months ago I made a helper (with php) that authenticates users
against ActiveDirectory using LDAP. I had used ntlm_auth before, but
after switching Domain Controllers, I wasn't able to make it work
again (because of trust problems), so I decided to skip all the
kerberos/samba/winbind/ntlm mumbo-jumbo and made a helper from
scratch.

Today is my last day at my job, and since I'm working on an article
for the Free Software Magazine addressing squid helpers, I thought it
could be a good idea to rewrite it from scratch to include it in my
article.

If you are interested in the helper, let me know, so I can send it
(once I make it during the next days) for your consideration so it
becomes a part of squid by deault.

Best regards
Edmundo Carmona