Re: new.squid-cache.org updated

From: Amos Jeffries <squid3@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 07 May 2007 02:07:02 +1200

Adrian Chadd wrote:
> On Sun, May 06, 2007, Amos Jeffries wrote:
>
>> Ah, you have changed the apache magic needed to display the site.
>>
>> Could you send me the new apache config needed please?
>>
>> For now all I can do is this patch which gets the main template back to
>> xhtml standard compliance.
>
> Check out http://www.creative.net.au/, the latest newspost has the
> magic required to have this work in apache-1.
>

> Adrian
>
>> - <li>Shop</li>
>> + <li>Shop</li>
>
> Hm, when did the standard require Javascript to open the link in a new
> window?
>

> Adrian

The xhtml standard technically does not permit specific any for of new
window openings though the scripting standards do. 'target' has been
invalid since html 4.0 strict and the first versions of xhtml. It was
only really a 4.0 frameset transition item at that. Though the most
common browsers still let it work in non-compliance mode.

Any DOM script is usable, but I picked javascript as the most widely
supported by browsers.

Amos