Re: /dev/poll support for squid-2

From: Adrian Chadd <adrian@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 21 May 2007 14:51:36 +0800

On Mon, May 21, 2007, Henrik Nordstrom wrote:

> What's left to make it a full /dev/poll support? Just testing, or is
> something missing?

Testing. Well, the stuff I first committed was an attempt to be friendly
and bunch up event updates a-la kqueue - but delete entries when the FD
closes so we don't try to queue them on an invalid FD - but i wasn't deleting
entries right.

For now it does the epoll style - one update per commSetEvents() which requires
an actual update, and a POLLREMOVE when the FD is closed. Its not as optimal
as it can be, but it should work much better than poll().

Adrian