Re: squid3_logdaemon work (round 1) complete, again!

From: Alex Rousskov <rousskov@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 21 May 2007 14:42:58 -0600

On Sat, 2007-05-19 at 10:11 +0800, Adrian Chadd wrote:
> On Fri, May 18, 2007, Adrian Chadd wrote:
> > I've mostly copied over the older buffering thats in squid-2.6 and squid-3
> > logfile.c(c). Please review and provide feedback.
> >
> > I'm not going to try and improve the logfile writing in LogFileBlocking;
> > I just want it to mimic what the current codebase does. Improvements
> > can come later.
>
> I've been running it for half a day under a ~ 250 req/sec load. It seems
> to be doing fine.
>
> I'd like to commit this to squid-3 in the next couple of days. Please let me
> know if there are any objections.

You have not mentioned any bugs that this change fixes. From the
discussion on this list, it looks like the change is far from trivial
and is more complex than you originally thought. UDP logging, the
primary factor for doing this changes (as far as I can guess), is not a
part of the proposed commit.

Why do we need this feature in Squid 3.0? Can this wait until 3.0 is
branched out?

Thank you,

Alex.