Squid 3.0.PRE6 - https connection breaking...

From: Emmanuel Eyer <eyer@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 22 May 2007 18:07:21 +0200

Dear Squid team,

I am using Squid 3.0 PRE6 in production (30 GB data and 2 M requests per
day on 4 squid instances) and works pretty well. (BTW, it runs much more
stable than older versions!)

However, I have been reported that https connections break down after 15
minutes, for example during large downloads (ISO files) or during video
conferencing. According to some users, it is exactly 15 minutes (900
seconds), systematically. Partial tests, bypassing the proxies, confirm
that the proxy servers are culprit.

In addition (though I do not know yet if it is linked to above issue), I
found lots of entries in my cache.log files similar to:
2007/05/22 17:09:18| sslReadServer: FD 78: read failure: (0) Error 0
(Lots meaning 50-100 per day and per instance. No such entries were
found prior upgrading to PRE6, though disconnections were observed.)

I checked through the configuration, but could not find any 900 seconds
timeout. Notice that no such problem occurs with http connections.

Quick configuration facts: Solaris 9 (SPARC), gcc build, no caching
(cache_dir null), no SSL support (I do not use authentication).

Could this be linked to bug 1633? Shall I comment on this bug? Or open a
new one? I can setup a test server and turn on various debug options if
you need, as well as providing more detailed information on my current
Squid configuration.

Best regards,
Emmanuel

--
Emmanuel EYER  --  CS/CI System Administrator
mail: eyer@esrf.fr -- voice: +33.476.88.22.68