Re: squid-3 + SqString

From: Adrian Chadd <adrian@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 28 May 2007 23:17:03 +0800

On Tue, May 29, 2007, Amos Jeffries wrote:

> I was waiting on Alex (or anyones) response to my last email, before
> going either way.

well, count this as a reply to your last email. :)

> partial backout: proposal (no responses)
> full backout: 3 for, 2 wavering with doubts, 1 abstention.

Personally, I think we've all learnt a bit from this experience, and
there's a clearer path forward for tidying up the string (ab)uses going
on in the codebase.

I'm all for calling this a lesson learnt, backing it out now, then
converting a few things to match the std::string interface - specifically,
the accessor methods for the c buffer and the length.

Adrian