Callbacks help please

From: Amos Jeffries <squid3@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 22 Jun 2007 22:28:49 +1200

I need some help getting my head around the callback system peoples.

The situation:
  with IPv6 I have it looking up AAAA records and failover to lookup the
A records at the DNS level.
However IFF the DNS server responds to the AAAA indicating a CNAME. THe
case is quite common that the CNAME points to an A not an AAAA. Thus the
remote server does not add anything in the additional section. These
additional records are what squid used to depend on for use when a CNAME
arrived.

I'm trying to add CNAME capability so the absence of additional A or
AAAA will failover to looking them up.
(This is presently showing me the same 'can't connect to X website' we
get so many complaints about, maybe the same problem.)

There the problem occurs:
   When ipcacheParse locates a CNAME, I tried calling
ipcache_gethostbyname(...) to generate a loopback for the lookup. How do
I suspend the current callback *leaving it as if never processed* for
future re-handling?

I have everything else going fine. It works after the initial page load
once the 'bad IP' has expired from cache. Its just getting this to work
on first load that the hiccup.

Amos