Re: synchronizing cf.data.pre files between 2.6 and 3.0 releases

From: Emilio Casbas <ecasbas@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 25 Jun 2007 09:27:47 +0200

Henrik Nordstrom escribió:
> mån 2007-05-28 klockan 11:01 +0200 skrev Emilio Casbas:
>
>> There are some directives with inconsistences between 2.Head and 3.0
>> version:
>>
>> Squid-2.Head
>> NAME: icp_port udp_port
>> TYPE: ushort
>> DEFAULT: @DEFAULT_ICP_PORT@
>> LOC: Config.Port.icp
>> DOC_START
>> The port number where Squid sends and receives ICP queries to
>> and from neighbor caches. Default is 3130. To disable use
>> "0". May be overridden with -u on the command line.
>>
>> Squid-3
>> NAME: icp_port udp_port
>> TYPE: ushort
>> DEFAULT: 0
>> LOC: Config.Port.icp
>> DOC_START
>> The port number where Squid sends and receives ICP queries to
>> and from neighbor caches. The standard UDP port for ICP is 3130.
>> Default is disabled (0).
>> NOCOMMENT_START
>> icp_port @DEFAULT_ICP_PORT@
>> NOCOMMENT_END
>> DOC_END
>>
>> Which one is the correct?
>
> Both, for their respective versions.
>
> One of these things which should go into the release notes.

I have noticed that the cf.data.pre files between 2.6 and 3.0 releases
don't have any differences between them. They are almost the same.
I also noticed that both of them have "default port number 3128" so I
think they are not update.
Are they correct?

I have checked the files from "cvs checkout -d squid-2 squid" and "cvs
checkout squid3" respectively.

I was on the process of synchronizing these files.

Thanks.
Emilio C.