Re: tarball help

From: Henrik Nordstrom <henrik@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 16 Jul 2007 10:46:01 +0200

sön 2007-07-15 klockan 23:30 -0600 skrev Duane Wessels:

> On Mon, 16 Jul 2007, squid3@treenet.co.nz wrote:
>
> > hey Guys,
> > I'm thinking its about time I got around to making a source D/L tarball
> > of the IPv6 branch.
> > Am I correct is assuming that I can run bootstrap locally and bundle the
> > results for people just to run configure and make themselves? or is there
> > OS/system specific stuff the bootstrap needs to do?
>
> there are some scripts in the top source directory that can help you.
> see 'mkrelease.sh' and 'mksnapshot.sh'

These scripts is mostly for squid-cache.org use. Using them outside
squid-cache.org will require a bit of tweaking..

What the mksnapshot.sh modify configure[.in] to add the current date to
the version tag, and then runs "make dist" to build the tarball. It also
automates collection of the release notes, changelog, configuration
reference manual etc to be published as separate files.

To build a tarball in your current build directory (where you run
configure) you just need to run "make dist". No need to use any scripts.
But you might want to add a unique identifier to the version in
configure.in and bootstrap before.