Re: squid-2 acl fileext

From: Emilio Casbas <ecasbas@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 18 Jul 2007 08:54:51 +0200

Henrik Nordstrom escribió:
> mån 2007-07-16 klockan 18:27 -0300 skrev Lucas Brasilino:
>> Hi!
>>
>> Since I'm not proeminent in C++, I'm looking Squid 2 CVS HEAD
>> code to implement filename extension ACL within it, by patching
>> src/acl.c file.
>
> Thats fine.
>
>> AFAIS (as far as I saw) it is just adding an 'squid_acl' ACL_FILEEXT value,
>> and adding a 'aclMatchFileExt()' function that will be called by
>> 'aclMatchAcl()'. Am I going to the right direction ?
>
> Yes.
>
> Well, you'll need to extend a number of switch statements telling Squid
> what to do with the ACL_FILEEXT. There is at least four places to touch
>
> - parsing (not a switch, but a series of if's translating string to
> enum)
> - evaluating/matching
> - freeing
> - configuration dump
>
> To get started i'd recommend cloning dstdomain, and then modify the
> match part to look at the urlpath instead of the requested hostname.
> Then fine tune this to also deal with query URLs.

When we have some experimental code, is there any special procedure to
test the current branch? or simply can we do as usual (./configure ||
make || make install ) and helping us with gdb?

Sorry for the begginers questions, but is something I couldn't find on
the FAQ, and I would like to follow the correct procedures.

Thanks
Emilio C.