Re: cvs commit: squid3/src EventLoop.cc

From: Henrik Nordstrom <henrik@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 24 Jul 2007 15:24:12 +0200

On mån, 2007-07-23 at 17:01 -0600, Alex Rousskov wrote:

> I may be doing that, but I do not know what a "primary" event is.

The event loop separates the event engines in "secondary" and "primary".
A numberof secondary, and one primary. The primary event loop is the
comm select loop.

> BodyPipe and ICAP code may schedule several zero-delay events in a row.
> In fact, they do that often. If that is not supported, I would have to
> add such support because rewriting the code to avoid such "chains" seems
> both difficult and "wrong".

Then you would be bitten by this indeed.

It's a bug. For 3.0.STABLE1 lets patch over the bug by never stopping
the event loop for an significant amount of time, but should be fixed.

> We can and should fix all that, but hopefully we can leave with 10msec
> default for now. A proper/complete fix may not be trivial.

Quite likely the fix is trivial, but it will take a bit of time to
understand the problem in full...

And the 10ms workaround is sufficient to keep things flowing nicely.