Re: squid3-largeobj squid3/src HttpHdrRange.cc...

From: Henrik Nordstrom <henrik@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 02 Aug 2007 00:40:06 +0200

On tor, 2007-08-02 at 01:32 +0300, Tsantilas Christos wrote:

> At the end I convert Config.readAheadGap and Config.quickAbort.min/max
> to b_int64_t types.

Ok.

> But this is changes the default units for Config.quickAbort.min/max
> parameters and make them different than those of squid26 configuration
> file. Is it any problem with it?

Not in my eyes.

And certainly not if changing the code to no longer accept unitless
specifications.

These directives have always been unit based, and at least 2.6 (probably
2.5 as well) gives big fat warnings issued if the user specify them
without unit. So the change to make Squid-3 require an unit is minor.

My view is that any Squid-2 configurations out in the field without an
unit specified is bad configurations and should be fixed, even for
Squid-2. So having Squid-3 reject them is actually an improvement. The
fixed configuration will work as expected in both versions.