Re: bug 2000 - patch

From: Robert Collins <robertc@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sun, 05 Aug 2007 22:54:46 +1000

On Sun, 2007-08-05 at 22:03 +1200, Amos Jeffries wrote:

> Building on recent testing versions of Debian with upcoming g++ 4.1.3
> and 4.2.1 it fails the unit-tests.
>
> std::setw() on a string/char requires something that is not
> implemented
> in the StoreEntrystream* classes. My limited-knowledge tests haven't
> located exactly what it needs to be implemented now for it to work.

I can try to have a look at it next weekend. Theres some family stuff
on, so no guarantees.

> The alternative to restore the builds, is to pull the MemObject stats
> display (only place the stream is ever actually used) back inline
> with
> the rest of squid to use storeEntryAppendPrintf(). And drop the
> stream
> until someone who knows what needs to be fixed can do so.

Well, I'd really rather we don't do that, because I was trying to get
rid of the inability to do stream operations by introducing that.

I presume bug 2000 has the compile error? Have you looked at the g++
changelog to see if anything stands out?

-Rob