wish for an advice

From: Jiri Kuthan <jiri@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 03 Aug 2007 15:37:27 +0200

Gentlen,

I'm wondering if you could do me a massive favor and exchange some experience you
might have gathered with building squid regarding TCP scalability.

I've been writing a SIP proxy server, SER (www.iptel.org/ser), which typically operates
in UDP mode. Now in the IETF, TCP is gaining more momentum. SER supports it but compared
to UDP it scales rather poorly -- at the moment we can't get more than 50k connections
out of it.

Could you share with me, how many TCP connections can squid handle, if you have any
performance measurment results, tuning tips, etc?

I would be really very thankful for any intelligence you can provide me with.

-jiri