Re: squid3-largeobj squid3/src HttpHdrRange.cc...

From: Amos Jeffries <squid3@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 07 Aug 2007 20:22:56 +1200

Tsantilas Christos wrote:
> At the end I just put quick_abort_min and quick_abort_max to its
> original behavior. They are storing values in kilobytes and if the units
> are missing kilobytes are the default.
> It is very easy to change it and also is easy to make parser to not
> require spaces between value and units.
> But a problem I am seeing is that at the begging we just want to
> simplify the code but now we are talking about correcting others thinks
> which are not critical or important.
> Any way, it is not difficult to change the above but the original goal
> was just to fix the bugs of squid3... I dont know...
>
> Regards,
> Christos

Quite true, Christos. Thanks for the kick.

This apparently has been the problem with 3.0 from early on. Far too
many 'improvements' popping up. For myself I'm discussing and mostly
just keeping an email folder of small ideas for future. When I get my
chance at 3.1 a lot will begin to happen.

I'm okay with putting the idea on backburner. Right now you are the only
one to have put hand to code on this.

We are only waiting on two blocker bugs now before 3.0 or PRE7.
  How soon? and which? I'm just so impatient to know :-)

Amos