Re: IPv6 support and Windows

From: Guido Serassio <guido.serassio@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 15 Aug 2007 09:52:47 +0200

Hi Amos,

At 07.25 15/08/2007, Amos Jeffries wrote:
> >> Hi Amos,
> >>
> >> Not good news here ... :-(
> >>
> >> We have a problem:
> >> You have used getaddrinfo() and freeaddrinfo() functions, but on
> >> Windows they are available only starting from Windows XP. This means
> >> that your code, even if compiled without IPv6 support, cannot run on
> >> Windows 2000.
> >>
> >> I'm also not sure if getaddrinfo() and freeaddrinfo() functions are
> >> available on all systems, someone know something about ?
> >
> > We have already tested Linux 2.6+ and FreeBSD 4.5+ (4.3 _says_ it has
> > them)
> > Not sure about Solaris, OS2, or Darwin yet.
> >

>I have just imported and properly wrapped the libesmtp getaddrinfo and
>supporting implementation from fetchmail 6.3.8.
>
>I have done some simple configure and compile tests here. Its time to pass
>it back to you Guido for the win32 test.

I think that will be better for us to use a wrapper for the
functions, something like squid-getaddrinfo(), this will allow a
simpler usage on Windows (see my previous mail).

>I'm kind of expecting another set of errors off these. It's just a matter
>of which ones.

For now look for an undefined "IPv6" into ACLIP.cc (line 296).

See tomorrow, I'm going to a barbecue with friends, today in Italy is
a Holiday. :-)

Regards

Guido

-
Guido Serassio
Acme Consulting S.r.l. - Microsoft Certified Partner
Via Lucia Savarino, 1 10098 - Rivoli (TO) - ITALY
Tel. : +39.011.9530135 Fax. : +39.011.9781115
Email: guido.serassio@acmeconsulting.it
WWW: http://www.acmeconsulting.it/