Re: Code documentation trends

From: Alex Rousskov <rousskov@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 20 Aug 2007 08:47:28 -0600

On Sun, 2007-08-19 at 22:39 +1200, Amos Jeffries wrote:
> Alex Rousskov wrote:
> > On Fri, 2007-08-17 at 16:54 +1200, Amos Jeffries wrote:
> >> I'm not sure its any worse than the macro definition itself.
> >> .h is still bad though, any Ideas?
> >
> > You can replace the current comment with something like:
> >
> > /// To pool Foo objects, add MEMPROXY_CLASS(Foo) to the class Foo
> > declaration
> >
> > Anybody who needs more hints can run "grep MEMPROXY_CLASS *.h" for
> > numerous examples.
> >

> Hmm, good point. It is worth raising the intelligence bar on this one.
>
> I've been thinking about that TODO also...
> BUT on second thought is it more about merging the
> MEMPROXY_CLASS_INLINE and MEMPROXY_CLASS into one class-internal macro??

IMO, the "change syntax to allow moving into .cci files" TODO should be
ignored/deleted for two reasons:

1) The macros should probably be replaced with a class.
2) .cci files may be removed.

We may be able to remove the macros in Squid 3.1, and I hope to have
time to study the performance effects of .cci optimization relatively
soon.

Alex.