Re: epoll

From: Amos Jeffries <squid3@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 30 Aug 2007 13:58:03 +1200 (NZST)

> On ons, 2007-08-29 at 00:34 +1200, Amos Jeffries wrote:
>> After todays changes I am now getting (with --enable-epoll)
>>
>> "
>> checking for epoll_ctl in -lepoll... no
>> checking for epoll_ctl... yes
>> checking if epoll works... yes
>> Error - no epoll support found
>> Try running 'sh ./scripts/get_epoll-lib.sh'
>> then run configure again
>> "
>
> Ah, sorry. Small typo there.
>
> Note: You do not need to specify --enable-epoll. It's automatically
> selected if found working which it is on your system..
>
>> The script mentions does not seem to exist.
>
> Right. Question is how many will need it..
>
> I think not, and have now killed the section which refers to the script.
>
> Builds using the (these days) undocumented --enable-epoll option without
> properly working epoll will now either fail or result in a non-working
> binary, just as is the case when enabling kqueue on a system not
> supporting kqueue..

Thank you. I thought that would be the case. I was just trying to use/test
a build as much like the OS its going into as the official package
maintainer (Luigi) sets on build.

On the side of this. I read through the PRE7 release notes and noticed
that while the squid.conf changes are covered there is no comparable list
of ./configure changes.

Amos