errorpage work

From: Adrian Chadd <adrian@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sun, 2 Sep 2007 20:47:23 +0800

I've started on some errorpage tidyups. The SF branch is "errorpages".
This stuff should eventually allow administrators to easily customise
the pages with their local theme.

So far I've:

* mostly extracted out the errorpage contents into metadata files,
  which at the moment cover "title", "short_description" and
  "long_description". This fits for -almost all- of the pages.
  The FTP PUT pages aren't all "errors".

* Wrote scripts/ErrorPage.pl which takes in a template+metadata
  file and spits out a HTML error page.

* Wrote BuildErrorPages to build an entire directory.

The only directory I've written templates for are the English error
pages.

The todo list:

* Create a "local style" option for each page which allows people
  to override various options per-page. Eg, someone may wish to make
  certain error pages red (access denied), others yellow (temporarily
  failures), etc. I've seen this done before..

* Go through each error page now and figure out a set of styles which
  encapsulates all the different bits of error pages, rather than
  embedded stuff (and then apply it to the pages.)

* This might require splitting "long description" up into a few more
  chunks ("system returned", "what the system meant", etc.)

* Look at the wordings of individual error pages and try to make them
  "friendlier" where appropriate?

* (Already kind of done) - lots of comment text to "bust" IE friendly
  error pages.

* Whatever else people can think of.

Adrian