Contribution to Squid development.

From: Pierangelo Masarati <ando@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 03 Sep 2007 22:18:11 +0200

Hi,

at SysNet we're starting a very important project that will likely
require some intensive exploitation of current and future capabilities
of Squid. In order to familiarize with its internals, and in view of
some possible contribution to the development, as an OpenLDAP developer
I could do some auditing of LDAP-related code in Squid-3.

At a first glance, there seems to be something to do to exploit the best
out of recent OpenLDAP (2.3 and 2.4 - 2.4.5 beta to come soon) libldap
implementation, some new interesting features to add (support for
draft-behera-ldap-password-policy, since OpenLDAP 2.3, and
draft-wahl-ldap-session, OpenLDAP 2.4, ...) and probably something in
general to reduce code duplication in helpers and so.

Please don't take mine as a criticism of current code, which I just
started studying in detail. Just noting something from my specific
perspective.

Sincerely, p.

Ing. Pierangelo Masarati
OpenLDAP Core Team