Re: Contribution to Squid development.

From: Kinkie <kinkie-dev@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 07 Sep 2007 09:53:22 +0200

On Thu, 2007-09-06 at 23:36 +0200, Pierangelo Masarati wrote:
> Pierangelo Masarati wrote:

> I've noticed that in Squid's main code anything following "ERR" can be
> exploited, but there's no provision for extra stuff after "OK", which
> prevents exploitation of the warning part of password policy. This
> might not be important unless Squid has any means of reporting to the
> user that an account is about to expire; however, if there's consensus,
> I'd like to look also at allowing (and exploiting) this (optional) part
> of successful response messages.

Hi Pierangelo!
It sounds a good option to me; reporting it to the user is problematic
at the protocol level, but there could be advantages to having that
information available: it could be logged, for the benefit of the
administrator, it is in any case one step ahead in order to make it
available.

        Kinkie