Re: cvs commit: squid3 configure.in

From: Adrian Chadd <adrian@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sat, 8 Sep 2007 08:53:15 +0800

On Fri, Sep 07, 2007, Alex Rousskov wrote:

> > Maybe one of the goals for squid-3.1 should be runtime loadable dyanmic
> > modules for "stuff".
>
> I hope to do it for eCAP (embedded ICAP) in Squid 3.1 if we get enough
> interest in that feature. Our Traffic Spicer (written in C++) works with
> dynamic C++ adapter modules so I know it is doable.

Cool.

Don't suppose I could take a peek at how you did it? I'd like to write a few
things up as loadable modules - the logging stuff would be a place to start,
but I'd like to expose the whole storage API as a clean interface (even given
mostly the current semantics) to allow entirely different storage modules
to be selected at runtime.

Adrian