ACL matching Big files

From: Francisco Gimeno <kikov@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sat, 15 Sep 2007 21:25:21 +0200

Hello,

I was wondering if it would be too difficult to implement and acl
method for matching big files.

I want then to use it with delay_pools. I think there are two
different approaches:
- Matching Content-Length value: the problem is that some objects
don't include that HTTP header.
- Using internal counters on request: the problem is that the request
object is created and I don't know if it could be reinserted in a
delay_pool. I don't know where should I put the matching code (but it
seems the right place has to be in the read object content function.

The idea is then, restricting the bandwidth of big files (let say more
than 1Mbytes) and promoting the interactive (little objects) to have
more bandwidth available.

ideas? advices?

Thanks you,
Francisco Gimeno