Re: [squid-users] What's wrong with my squid?

From: Amos Jeffries <squid3@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 19 Sep 2007 01:42:03 +1200

Henrik Nordstrom wrote:
> On tis, 2007-09-18 at 15:40 +1200, Amos Jeffries wrote:
>
>> Can you point me in the direction of where it may be possible to
>> pre-define these ACL in the source before reading squid.conf, and how to
>> do it?
>
>> NP: Since seeing the IPData parsing for ACLs, I've recommended "acl all
>> src all" instead of the 0.0.0.0/0 version. It seems to make sense even to
>> people who don't understand CIDR.
>
> It's just to add it as a DEFAULT in acl.
>
> DEFAULT: all src all

Hmm ... ... oooohh, thats nice. :-)

Just two things I see missing or it would be really beautiful:

- ability to have multi-line defaults
what I'm looking at adding to IPv6-branch is:
   acl all src all
   acl to_ipv4 dst ipv4
   acl to_ipv6 dst ipv6

- the bug that started this thread:
default_if_none() should start with the same "Default Configuration" and
cfg_linecount=0; (or maybe the line_count at end of defaults.) as
default_all() does.

> And thanks for the "src all" reminder, didn't know about that magic host
> name...

Your welcome. I'm always in favour of spreading usability improvements
around :-)

Amos