Re: cvs commit: squid3 configure.in

From: Amos Jeffries <squid3@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 25 Sep 2007 15:54:43 +1200 (NZST)

> On Wed, 2007-09-19 at 15:41 +1200, Amos Jeffries wrote:
>> > On Fri, 2007-09-07 at 09:43 +0800, Adrian Chadd wrote:
>> >
>> > That said, doing dynamic loading has GPL implications that I'm not
>> > currently comfortable with.
>> >

>> What would those be?
>
> The implications range from the "Module is a part of the GPL program
> and, hence, must be GPLed!" FSF point of view to "there are no
> implications except wasting time on discussing FSF FUD!" point of view.

Oh. I'd heard bits about that before. Never worked on proper modular apps
in open source before so it was never as issue for me.
 Kind of assumed it was resolved during the long hoohah over new version
Open Source copyright contracts last year (or ten...).

> Let's not waste our time talking about this here: We would not reach a
> conclusion, and even if we do, it would not matter. There is an OSI
> mailing list for such discussions...

Far too true.
Thanks for the reminder Alex.

Amos