Re: Features Page

From: Amos Jeffries <squid3@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 09 Oct 2007 20:22:35 +1300

Alex Rousskov wrote:

>>> Yes, your cool IPv6 feature table is different and independent from the
>>> roadmap pages. Automating your table is probably not worth the trouble
>>> and not possible without programming MoinMoin.
>>>
>>> I am not sure where on the wiki your IPv6 table should go. I do not
>>> think it belongs to the RoadMap because it is not about tracking Squid
>>> development progress but rather tracking availability of a single
>>> feature in various releases.
>> <snip>
>>
>> Ah, stop that train... :-) the new version has nothing to do with IPv6 now.
>>
>> It's tracking completed "These are DONE" features in formal release of squid.
>
> Oh, I see. My fault.
>
> With the current version, it looks like you really care about users
> running Squid 2.5 :-).

I thought it would show how may items are P/X/- in 2.5 for those
diehards still using it.
All its done so far is prove the concept of 2.6 having many more
features than 2.5 wrong. Though its early days yet.

> Glad to see only one feature where Squid3 is
> lacking. I am sure the difference between Squid2 and Squid3 will grow
> with time.

So far. so far. Remember the list is based on 3 and fleshed out from
there. I haven't gone through the formal devel projects list yet for
items to add. Bugzilla still has quite a few features listed as need
porting.

> You may want to add ICAP support ("P" in Squid2 and "C" in Squid3).

True. Done.

> This page can go wiki:Features or perhaps wiki:Features/ReleaseMap or
> even wiki:Features/Meta/ReleaseMap (to ease filtering out of meta pages
> in features auto-listings).

Amos