Re: ssl-bump options

From: Alex Rousskov <rousskov@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 05 Nov 2007 21:26:10 -0700

On Tue, 2007-11-06 at 16:22 +1300, Amos Jeffries wrote:

> My understanding is that https_port is for when squid is accelerating
> https and thus listening. IMHO it should remain an inbound-only config.

Agreed.

> Ah, I took your commit comment "but it relies on https_port being set (to
> get SSL certificates and related info)" to mean the settings were being
> taken from the https_port part of Config, not the sslproxy part (of which
> I was only vaguely aware until you pointed it out).

I think we are on the same page now.

Currently, SSL Bump is using http_port for incoming settings and
sslproxy_* for outgoing. The http_port option can now accept SSL-related
properties, just like https_port does.

> But Yes, looking up the sslproxy_*. My proposal would encompass the
> sslproxy_* options as optional arguments in a single ssl_outgoing_address
> which could be a per-outgoing-IP setting (due to SSL certs being
> per-address/port) or a wildcard if ALL use the same details in a generic
> cert. Instead of the many individual options at present.

Right. There are a lot of cleanup opportunities there. For example, it
may be a good idea to pack all SSL-related options in one port-unrelated
user-named setting and then just use that name in http_port, https_port,
and sslproxy_* options:

        ssl_profile <name> [certificate] [key] ...
        https_port <address> ssl_profile=<name>
        sslproxy [address] ssl_profile=<name>

But that is another project/discussion... :-)

Thank you,

Alex.