https_port without SSL context?

From: Alex Rousskov <rousskov@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 06 Nov 2007 13:28:58 -0700

Hello,

        I am puzzled by the following if-statement in client_side.cc code that
starts listening for connections on https_port(s):

> if (s->sslContext == NULL) {
> debugs(1, 1, "Can not accept HTTPS connections at " <<
> inet_ntoa(s->http.s.sin_addr) << ", port " <<
> (int) ntohs(s->http.s.sin_port));
> }

As you can see, a warning is printed but there are no consequences. That
is, Squid will still listen on the specified port although it probably
would not be able to do anything useful there without a valid SSL
context.

Should Squid abort if https_port configuration results in a nil SSL
context? Should that abort happen when we try to create the context?

Thank you,

Alex.