Re: [squid-users] Solaris/OpenSSL/MD5 Issues

From: Duane Wessels <wessels@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 13 Nov 2007 17:40:32 -0700 (MST)

The patches to make "MD5" work on Solaris have broken things on
FreeBSD (at least) which also has a sys/md5.h. Compile fails with
"error: `MD5_DIGEST_LENGTH' was not declared in this scope"

It seems to me that the original problem was just that Squid's own
MD5 routines are using names that collide with some system
libraries/headers. Since we already ship a public domain MD5
implementaiton with Squid, why not just change our names to be
unique and then always use them?

Why go through this yucky configure maybe-find-some-libraries-here
or maybe-find-them-there stuff?

DW