Re: [squid-users] Solaris/OpenSSL/MD5 Issues

From: Amos Jeffries <squid3@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 15 Nov 2007 22:30:23 +1300

Adrian Chadd wrote:
> On Wed, Nov 14, 2007, Amos Jeffries wrote:
>
>> The bigger problem which you have just uncovered is that FreeBSD does
>> provide a sys/md5.h, but does not define the MD5_DIGEST_CHARS or
>> MD5_DIGEST_
>> For the fix of FreeBSD. It should just be a little tweak of the #define for
>
> Why don't we just force use of the openssl library for md5?
> Will that bloat the Squid binary somehow?

That has not changed, when its asked for or just located by autotools
OpenSSL is used. Otherwise its best-fit between anything else.

The issue started with a symbol clash between the squid bundled and a
library when OpenSSL was not available. My fix for that was
unfortunately naive and broken.

I've bitten the bullet and made the symbol-change in 3.0 now, despite
the amount of code that needed touching for a symbol change.

Amos