Re: SNMP support starts on branch squid3-ipv6 !!

From: Amos Jeffries <squid3@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 20 Nov 2007 11:59:42 +1300 (NZDT)

>> 2.- To test, follow the next cook-guid (of course, choose your own user
>> and/or installation path):
>>

> 1.- By the way, I forgot some necessary changes on squid.conf
>

> acl snmppublic snmp_community public
> snmp_port 3401
> snmp_access allow snmppublic all
> debug_options 49,9
>
> Some traces on cache.txt
>
> 2.- Squid seems to die if at least the Squid server has not attended a
> first cache service...

Sounds like a data access problem. This is a killer bug (pun intended).

> 3.- Tests on cache peer table are required... I don't know how to
> configure Squid for adding cache peers...

This test config redirects all google.com traffic through the peering
mechanism. To test the results do google web search before the SNMP peer
data request.

 cache_peer www.google.com 80 0 no-query name=google
 acl googleSite dstdomain google.com
 cache_peer_access google !googleSite