Re: Throttling cached content.

From: Adrian Chadd <adrian@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 22 Nov 2007 08:52:38 +0900

On Wed, Nov 21, 2007, German Gomez wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I've reading through the list and found several references to this
> subject, how to limit bandwidth for cached content, and the only solution
> was to use QOS inside linux kernel. We have a remote accelerator proxy
> and would like to limit the bandwith for big files so smaller ones get
> dispatched as fast as possilbe but large one do not fill up your
> bandwidth.

ok.

> I have been reading through the code of delay_pools.c and it seems that it
> should be possible the use the same infrastructure for limitting the
> server bandwidth shouldn't it?? I suppose we should replicate the
> delayClient() function and attach it to the server side. Is there any
> ongoing project to add this kind of feature?? If not, is there any dev
> documentation to start understanding current squid?

There isn't anything all that helpful at the present time. Amos has been
working on automated documentation builds but they won't help you figure
out how the "bits" hold together yet.

There's no current project to implement that functionality. Please add
your request in the Squid bugzilla as a "feature request".

Projects only move forward if there's funding or someone gets interested
in it.

Adrian