Re: store_copy squid/include Array.h,1.7,1.7.52.1 md5.h,1.12,1.12.34.1

From: Amos Jeffries <squid3@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 28 Nov 2007 00:41:02 +1300

Henrik Nordstrom wrote:
> On tis, 2007-11-27 at 23:27 +1300, Amos Jeffries wrote:
>
>> Sigh. We need to clean up these MD5 issues before they propagate further.
>
> Not sure how much issues Squid-2 is having with it at the moment.. I am
> fine with leaving it as it is until people complain.

I'm just thinking at lest one of Adrians testers immediately brought up
the compile clash that forced --enable-openssl to be used as workaround.

Thats a little two-faced IMO. Quoting a GPL clash as to why we don't
build with SSL, then requiring it built in by our users in order to work.

AFAICT the squid-3 naming change was designed to fix that. Though
whether it also fixes the underlying problem of linking the right code
at the right time ... that was my Q below.

>> Has the renaming fix in Squid-3 shown ANY problems since Duane committed
>> it? If not, I'm proposing a cross-over to make the Squid-2 code identical.
>
> Had to fix the OpenSSL glue (in both versions). Working compile with
> --with-openssl is a MUST. If it can use other MD5s then that's fine..
>
> Note: The bundled MD5 implementation is a quite poor performer.

Yeah.

> Regards
> Henrik

Amos