Re: cvs commit: squid3 configure

From: Amos Jeffries <squid3@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 14 Dec 2007 18:26:08 +1300

Amos Jeffries wrote:
> Now that 3.0 is branched. (is it complete?)
>
> I'll be starting to import the new files for 3.1 in about 7-8 hours.
> Leaving the core code change until any post-release shakedown period has
> finished.
> Any objectsions to 3-5 days?

Weirdness...Adrians email to me has disappeared between webmail client
and inbox.

He suggested a big(ger) delay than a few days to wait for bugs to
prevent 'inventing two patches for two branches'. I have a few issues
with that:

firstly, we have a slightly worse situation now;
  If a bugfix occurs in HEAD it maybe need applying in two places 30 and
HEAD, then porting to squid3-ipv6. With a quick merger, that gets
reduced to just a fix in 3.0 and 3-HEAD.

secondly, this is a pefect chance to jump on that early-and-often
bandwagon we talk about so much for 3.1-PRE1.

thirdly, I want to get this safely into the group hands, before my own
holiday causes a huge delay to squid.

Amos