Re: cvs commit: squid3 configure

From: Amos Jeffries <squid3@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sat, 15 Dec 2007 14:54:49 +1300

Henrik Nordstrom wrote:
> On lör, 2007-12-15 at 12:00 +1300, Amos Jeffries wrote:
>
>> Can everyone please hold off commits to squid3-HEAD for 36-48 hours. I
>> don't want it to erase any work you have done. Thanks.
>
> Aren't you applying the changes using patch?

Yes I applied the code by 'patch -p1'.

I'm just going through a manual copy of my NOTES-IPv6 entries to
bugzilla now.

I will need some help about adding the website /Versions/v3/3.1/ pages
and the release-3.1.sgml notes. What need to stay/go/change?

There are some bug chunks of notes made during testing which need to be
published in the release notes.

  I don't want to touch any of that until you are able to walk me
through it properly.

When thats done the IPv6 stuff will be up to date.

> Applying changes by copy is dangerous. There is up to a day delay
> between the repositories, and others may have made changes concurrently.

I know. I'm saying hold just-in-case. When we are sure its all worked we
can make it a free-for-all again.

FWIW; I have waited for a few hours for your updates this morning to
complete ... cvsmerge'd your updates from HEAD ... made a clean patch
here from both branches ... patched HEAD on squid-cache.org with it ...
waited a few hours ... then confirmed via another ./cvsmerge that my
patch to HEAD has arrived down sourceforge.

Thats where its at right this minute now. So I assume the code change is
done properly. But its just an assumption right now.

Amos